Monday, February 17, 2020

Come visit me at Dreamation!


Hello Lovelies!

It's been awhile!  I'm aware that as far as social media's concerned, Drawing Down Lore fell off the face of the Earth in October.  I have returned with an update!

My goal this year is to complete the Major Arcana for Tarot Equus.  In January, I finished the Wheel of Fortune card.  The Wheel will be available on my etsy shop as a postcard.  The Chariot and Strength cards are next.  I would like to go back and redraw some of the first cards I completed several years ago for #RetryJuly. 

I have seen my work improve since I began this project.  I signed up for a Schoolism subscription to keep that momentum going.  Its been a solid ten years since I graduated with my BFA and a refresher would only help me.  I'm currently working through Thomas Fluharty's Drawing Fundamentals class.  So far it's been excellent.  The combination of lectures, assignments, and recordings of past critiques have helped.

The last few months I have also been taking on commissioned works from clients, mostly character portraits for tabletop Gamers.  I'm an avid Pathfinder & Starfinder fan myself, so I'm happy to take these on alongside my long-term projects.  Geeky Gamer art is as fun for me as Geeky Pagan art, and there are points where the two can overlap.  I am open for more commissions.  In the past I've worked on illustrations, tattoo designs, and larger paintings for my clients.  Some of these I have permission to post, some I don't.  The above photo is a character design for a fellow Starfinder player. 

That brings me to my next event- I will once again be in the Artist Alley at Dreamation!  Dreamation is a LARP-Focused gaming convention run by Double Exposure.  If you're in the North Jersey area, come check it out!  I will be drawing commissions, painting custom roses, and giving Tarot readings at my table.  I will also be helping out and giving away shorter Tarot readings at The Puzzling Tea Party at 2:00 PM Saturday.  This is an excellent game run by a friend, and I recommend it if you love tea, Steampunk or Victorian dress, and puzzles.  Dreamation begins at 6:00 pm Thursday, February 20th and runs through Sunday, February 23rd at the Hayatt Regency Morristown and Conference Center in Morristown, NJ.  See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment